Introduction - Newbie Gamer

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Introduction - Newbie Gamer

Postby keas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi , just a quick introduction . Name is Sean - I am a kiwi living in upstate new york but work in the city . Have recently ( last 2 years ) gotten quite interested in WH40K and WHFB mainly from a fluff and modelling aspect . That being said I would like to take the next step and start playing some games . I am a complete novice ! , but have been reading the rules and watching bat reps for a while . I wandered into the club room last night to test the waters so to speak and it seems like a great place to start my "career" . I have a small Tyranid force I am in the process of painting so it would be a mix of based coated and some painted miniatures for a while as I work my way through the horde . Hopefully if I turn up one thursday with 800 to 1000 pts of nids someone would be willing to play a slower paced game with a novice ?
keas

Re: Introduction - Newbie Gamer

Postby Anger Worm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 am

Hey Sean, welcome to the club! I was the guy playing Fantasy Ogres last night. There's definitely more 40k around than fantasy these days so that's probably a healthier place to start your gaming. The typical point size is now 2000 points for 40k, but I'm sure you could get someone to run you through a bit of a tutorial at 1000.

If you ever decide you want to learn fantasy I'd be happy to run you through a game.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby keas » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the welcome ! .I liked your Ogre army as well as the Elves you were fighting. I have a small High Elves army but it is in much the same state as the Tyrannids . A unit of Swordsmen is Painted , but the rest are either just base coated with or no undercoat at all . They are mainly parts from the Island of Blood set ( so I have a small Skaven force as well ) with additions from ebay . Probably around 1600 points and no spearmen other than the Sea Guard . But I am quite happy to play WH40K or WHFB so I will get cracking on getting both armies into a better state .
keas

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 pm

FYI we certainly don't mind if you play with unpainted/unfinished/barely even assembled models.
WickerNipple

Return to Warmonger Club