The biq question is

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

The biq question is

Postby KelRiever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Hey, from HQtheClub in the way back. You know, when it existed....

The big question is are you guys still doing all the games workshop stuff you used to? I look at the posts and yeah, I see you guys playing, but then, you know 'things are heard,' and with 8th WHFB and 6th 40k, and it seeming that there's a fair bit of criticism about both around here, did the lot of you jump ship and start playing Warmachine/Malifaux/fill in the blank game instead?

Just curious. It isn't like I've even had time to game lately. But if I did, I wonder, exactly, if people are really still playing WHFB or 40k in this area anymore. Well, you know, people who actually paint their figures and know the rules when they play.
KelRiever

Re: The biq question is

Postby Anger Worm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am

40k is actually on the upswing. 6th seems to be well received here. 8th edition did push a lot of people to other games like warmachine and malifaux, but some of us are still playing and going to GTs.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 am

Pretty much everyone here is pro-6e 40k.
WickerNipple

Postby KelRiever » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Interesting. I always thought you guys would prefer Warhammer to 40k. And I kind of thought random charge distances were going to kill 40k like I hear they have Warhammer. What do I know. I actually like Warhammer, but apparently nobody else does anymore (there's no point even trying to find a game in a store in NJ, because it seems the people here to play with aren't people I really want to hang around with). Nice to know people still play a GW game somewhere, though. Thanks for letting me know.
KelRiever

Postby Larro » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 pm

The regional WHFB tournaments still fill up, and quickly at that, so it isn't that people "dislike" 8th Edition, it's just that many of the veteran guys gave up and moved on to other games that they find equally / more enjoyable, like Malifaux, Warmachine, etc. The regional WHFB scene is the same if not larger to be honest, it's just that for us at the WMC it's drastically slowed down (and Steve moved to Scotland).

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Return to Warmonger Club