Converting the Helldrake

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Converting the Helldrake

Postby Kaidela1013 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Yeah I have the plasticard for the blades all lined up :) Once the legs get here and I get good progress made i'll be sure to get pics up.
Kaidela1013

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 pm

So what part were you asking about, then? The middle of the spin-y bit? A ballpoint pen/mechanical pencil housing could work if it fits your scale - the screw on metal bit that holds the tip that some of them have.

But yes, the general rule with chaos conversions is if you can't find the perfect part just stick a big ole lump of greenstuff there and turn it into skin or scales or canker or tentacle or....
WickerNipple

Postby Kaidela1013 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Not so much the little cone at the top, but what is supposed to be running the prop. I should get some time to get some work on them tomorrow. Pics when I get at least one of the rotor assemblies going.
Kaidela1013

Postby Kaidela1013 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Updates :D No Heldrakes just yet... still waiting on parts for those..... blasted taxes are taking forever this year >.< Until then... how about my take on Typhus?

Also a quick sketch idea I had while at work and I think it could work nicely for the rhinos.......

I'm going to rebase Typhus using a cork and tile plasticard idea...... but other than that not too bad.
Kaidela1013

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting