Land Raider Sponson Sets

Need a bit (or twenty) for that conversion? This is the place.

Land Raider Sponson Sets

Postby Zahariel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey guys, im making a land raider crusader/redeemer and i want to magnetize the sponsons to be able switch between them, so anyone got a pair? xD
Zahariel

Re: Land Raider Sponson Sets

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 pm

What do you actually want?

The sponson housing itself? You're not likely to find someone with a pair laying around since everyone pretty much does what you're talking about and to my knowledge no one in the club has a cast of that. Check ebay bits sellers.

I have spares of the redeemer guns themselves, yes.

Finally, I think you'll find after playing around with them in game that the Redeemer just isn't that great at its job. Worth magnetizing anyway, but worth keeping in mind.
WickerNipple

Postby Zahariel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Whats wrong with them D=?
Zahariel

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 pm

The primary guns are very short range and basically impossible to focus on the same squad, so even with the machine spirit it takes a very specific situation to get it to fire like it should. That's coupled with you having to put the tank in melta range to make use of it's main armament.

Sure, there's less melta these days, but even so it's very easy tank to put in a position where it can't do its job. It's great against the right opponent, but worthless in many situations.
WickerNipple

Return to The Bitz Box