Looking to meet people to play with

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Looking to meet people to play with

Postby redholladae » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Warmongers Club,

I was referred to you guys by people in the GW store on 8th st manhattan. I am 24 year old international student from Denmark who recently picked up my childhood Hobby of Warhammer Fantasy. I am currently re-gluing and painting, and would love to make some new friends and play some epic fantasy battles. That being said I have not played since 2003 and can hardly remember the rules. I have also been told that we are now up to 6th edition or something like that, so I would probably need some guidance to begin with. Any way I have like a 3000 points Chaos Demons army and currently working on repairing my old empire army, which is like 2000 points. If anybody would be willing to introduce me to the group and have a couple of intro games that would be awesome.

Best: Christian
redholladae

Re: Looking to meet people to play with

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 pm

There's no need for an introduction, Christian. All are welcome. ;)

We meet in the basement of The Compleat Strategist: 11 East 33rd Street (between 5th Ave & Madison) on Thursday nights. People start arriving in the afternoon, but for your first time it's probably best to stop in around 6pm and say hello.

Just walk in and introduce yourself. Everyone's friendly!
WickerNipple

Postby redholladae » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Sounds great, I will probably drop by the play session next week then :D
Thanks

Best: Christian
redholladae

Postby Daihmon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah I'm comparatively new myself, I just moved to the area a few months ago and have been openly welcomed by pretty much everyone I've spoken to at the club.
Daihmon

Postby redholladae » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Sounds awesome I will make my way down there next thursday then. I wanted to go today, but I had a meeting with my advisor that dragged out forever. Do you guys typically Have a couple of beers while playing or is that afterwards ? lol.
redholladae

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Afterwards, sadly. It's a public store, they can't have us drinking in it.
WickerNipple

Postby Larro » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Even though I don't make it down to the Club these days, it's certainly nice to see an influx of WHFB players to make up for some of our departed regulars like Steve and soon to be Luke. I finally got to meet Will this weekend and he's an awesome addition. The more WHFB players the merrier!

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Daihmon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Indeed. I agree with Larro. Being new myself and currently having another engagement every other Thursday, I can't always make it myself but I am very happy to see more Fantasy players making their way into the club.

Looking forward to gaming with you down the road.
-Devin
Daihmon

Postby redholladae » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 am

Yea I am excited to meet everyone too. Its annoying because I been meaning to go for the last three weeks and every time work came in my way, I even had my models packet and everything. Grrr. but this Thursday I should be able to make it down and meet everyone.
redholladae

Return to Warmonger Club