WHFB Colonial registration signup

Moderator: Anger Worm

WHFB Colonial registration signup

Postby Larro » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Just got an Email from Nanry (as I'm sure anyone on the Colonial email list did), and the signup and registration is up for Colonial.

It's close, in a Hilton hotel in East Brunswick, NJ, November 1 - 3.

Here's the site with the info:

thewarstoreweekend.com

Looks to be part of Mechanicon, so it'll be a 40K weekend as well.

Probably a little early to start booking rooms since there's no info for the reservation details, but not too soon to sign up if you're interested.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Re: WHFB Colonial registration signup

Postby mastermoulder » Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 am

We have 24 signed up....with 5 1/2 months to go!

MM :skaven:
mastermoulder

Postby jer732 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 am

I signed up a few weeks ago.
jer732

Postby mastermoulder » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

jer732 wrote:I signed up a few weeks ago.

Sweet!
mastermoulder

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue May 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll likely be there - but for a different game system.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby mastermoulder » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 pm

My fellow Colonians,

The Colonial GT WHFB tournament packet for November 1-3rd, 2013 has been updated. Please go to www.thecolonialgt.com in the rules section to see the packet.

Just to clarify things, we are going to be in the War Store Weekend this year for WHFB, but we will have our own section. We are in a hotel, so you can just roll downstairs in the morning to participate in the GT. The particulars on the hotel can be found on the War Store Weekend website, as well as registration. The registration link has been provided on the rules packet, as well as the PayPal section of the Colonial GT website. http://thewarstoreweekend.com/

Also, we will be beginning the road to the Colonial GT, as the qualifiers will begin soon. We already had one qualifier at Outside the Box Games in New Jersey, and the event was sold out! The next qualifier is at Outside the Box Games on July 20th, and we have another in Chantilly, VA on August 24th, 2013. Please follow us on FaceBook; The Colonial GT, and see the posts for information on qualifiers and updates on the Colonial itself.

If you play at a store and think it can hold a qualifier, you can email me and I will see if it can be scheduled. Please let me know ASAP!

Look forward to seeing you there!

MM
mastermoulder

Postby Fool » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 pm

"Painting Basic freehand Smallfreehand details on cloaks,shields and banners orsimilar details ‐5"

This seems a little odd and should probably be +5 not -5
http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

Postby Arash » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I love that this event has no comp. . .except monstrous beast or cavalry. I can understand a unit cap on monstrous beasts/cavalry. Maybe 3 is a bit much, considering that elite infantry is capped at a very generous 40, but I can see 4 being a good number. Monstrous beasts and cavalry combined being capped at 6 is all kinds of arbitrary. The only army that this screws over is daemons, which frankly is unwarranted given the state of their new book. Perhaps 6 monstrous beasts and 6 monstrous cavalry? Why lump them together? To be honest, why cap monstrous beasts? Which ones are causing trouble?

Some of these comp restrictions make no sense. 6 warmachine cap is basically not a cap. What does it prevent? Bolt thrower spam (with this comp dwarves get 2 stone throwers, 2 cannons and 2 organ guns, gee thanks warmachine cap!)? It also doesn't say if 2 for 1 choices (like RBTs) are capped at 2 or if you can take 4.

18 monstrous infantry in a unit as a cap? When has this ever been an issue, why are we penalizing people for bad list writing? Or do you mean a max of 18 monstrous infantry in an army? If so, then why not just ban ogres.

I get that you don't want to play around with the rulebook too much, but the comp choices that you are making are arbitrary and either highly irrelevant or unwarranted.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby Anger Worm » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:18 am

I agree completely.

Why comp the portalglyph and not epidemius? He's what breaks it, and he's got the ridiculous rules. But we know Thorek is setting the world on fire these days, so he gets eliminated!

Why cap monstrous infantry unit size? 18? Is there a reason for 18? Do they break at 19, but function fairly at 18? This is based on nothing relevant to actual gameplay. If someone's running 18 trolls (which is still legal) they've wholly lopsided their army. If a mass horde of trolls is considered unfair, then this number should be significantly lower than 18.

Why cap monstrous cav at 3 per unit/6 total? I can roll 12 dice at mindrazor with dark elves, but a unit of 4 juggernoaughts breaks warhammer?

6 warmachine cap? Have you ever seen someone take 7?

These restrictions are entirely arbitrary and put a bind on a few competitive builds while completely ignoring others. Comp is supposed to balance the game, not eliminate a few options the TO decides he doesn't like. If you're going to bother with comp at all, do it right. There are great examples of thoughtful comp out there to borrow from.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey, at least the fantasy faction at this event won't be all busy-body checking to see if you paid for your rulebook. :lol:
WickerNipple

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy