WHFB Colonial registration signup

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: WHFB Colonial registration signup

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Better get to work on those Malifaux events...
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Arash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Yes, being completely serious, I would much prefer to do a malifaux event over the current state of these rules.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby elrodogg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 pm

There's also 40k...
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Larro » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:46 pm

I agree with the rest. I love Comp and happy you instituted SOMETHING over the No Comp from last year, but in all honesty, this is just random Comp and actually unbalances the game *more* than No Comp does. I understand you don't want to have complicated Comp, but why can't you just do something like this:

12 dice per phase max.

LOS for Dwellers, Final Transmutation, Dreaded 13th.

Max 450 points per unit, NOT including characters - this covers everything.

Loosen the restrictions on having only 6 of things like Monstrous Beasts / Infantry or at least loosen the Cap on how many you can have in a unit - make it 7-8 in an army total. This way Mournfangs / Demis are Comped, but you can still take a unit of 5-6, or 2x 4, etc.

Make the War Machine cap something like 4, no more than 2 of the same Machine, Bolt Throwers counts as 1/2 rounding up.

Limit Flyers to max 3 or 4 units.

Keeping things simple helps keep the "spirit" of No Comp by not having Army Specific composition restrictions, but doesn't also arbitrarily slam some armies like Ogres or Demons, etc.

Just from talking to people when the Comp rules came out at The Grim GT and speaking with the guys on the ETC USA Team, people are certainly less than thrilled about going now and would either play something else, or NOT go to Colonial at all, which would be very sad but totally justifiable.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby warmongerclub » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Considering going to this for 40k. Will there be a large warmonger contingent? Sounds like you guys are opting out. Do the Fantasy Comp rules actually spoil what you were planning on bringing or are you just bitching/blacklisting out of principle?
warmongerclub

Postby Arash » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey Jim,

I think a lot of people are going to be coming to this event, it is just across the bridge so it is really close to all of us. I don't think a lot of people are going to be playing fantasy, at least that is not the sense that I get. The comp rules are really bad, this isn't just whiners being whiny. With so many well run events taking place that weekend, there is no reason to subject yourself to the one with the worst rules and a TO who is irresponsive.

Excited to see you at colonial!
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby elrodogg » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:35 am

I am going for 40k.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Larro » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am

I'm still going. I go to all the local GTs. I just think many of the guys here are trying to improve the event, as this set of Comp rules is by far the worst of all the Indy GTs in the area.

It's one thing to just do No Comp - we can all vote with our feet, and either attend or not, but we know what the deal is going in.

This is completely different in the sense that it is *trying* to institute some sort of Comp restrictions, but they are completely arbitrary and actually prohibit certain armies from putting anything remotely competitive on the table.

Max 6 Monstrous Beasts / Cav, and Max 3 in 1 unit, seriously messes with Demons and Empire. It also burns WoC and Ogres, though to a lesser degree. It's very simple to just say "Max 6" or "Max 8" in the army, total, while NOT prohibiting the amount that form a unit, which frees up Ogres to take 4 Mournfang in 1 unit, or Empire to take a unit of up to 5-6 Demis in 1 unit to give them a central battleline unit, etc.

Also, Max 7 War Machines? Is that even a restriction? Most tourneys do Max 4. If you want to be a little lenient, make it Max 5. Max 7 is a joke.

Stuff like that.

That said, I'll be there regardless.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby warmongerclub » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 pm

I have no idea what Mournfangs or Demi's are, but ok, I believe you if you say the comp rules suck. Just glad to hear you guys will be coming. It's been way too long that I attended a weekend long gaming event of any kind and I am looking forward to it. Literally been years!

Jim
warmongerclub

Postby mattbird » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:24 pm

if Jim is going, I fucking well sure am going too.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy