New to the area

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

New to the area

Postby Soshi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi all,

I moved into the greater NYC area and I'm looking for a reasonably competitive playgroup.

I currently have armies for 40k, Malifaux and Bloodbowl. I'm also interested in getting into Warmachine/Hordes.

I also play Magic, and Android:Netrunner

Is there a best night(s) to stop through and see what's going on?

Thanks,

Soshi
Soshi

Re: New to the area

Postby WickerNipple » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 am

We play every single one of those (except Magic) in a reasonably competitive fashion, so hey ~ welcome aboard. ;)

Thursdays are our main event: it's the only day the store is open late. A few folks tend to arrive early/mid afternoon but most people show up 5-7ish after work. Dice down is at 8:45pm and it's off to the pub. Dues are $5/night if you get a game in. First time's free, like any good drug.

Saturdays are also a possibility, but you can't just pop in and see ~ sometimes there's nothing, sometimes the place is full. This forum is the best way to ask/find out about Saturdays.

We're in the last month of a small-games 40k league that has about 10 participants. There are two more weeks of 1200 point games that you're welcome to jump into. There's generally at least 2-3 tables of 40k going on every Thursday. (League Rules in the 40k forum ~ no flyers, but most all other restrictions are lifted for 1200.)

The Malifaux folks are beta testing the next edition I believe? Not my game but I'm sure they can fill you in.

We just finished a fantastic Bloodbowl season a few months ago and there will likely be another late fall.

There is a huge number of WM/H players that always have 3-4 tables in play.

There's always at least one table of Netrunner going on, and there was a Netrunner tournament today.

You can also find folks maybe playing WH: Fantasy, Flames of War, Infinity, WH:Ancients, Dystopian Wars, etc. I'm particularly interested in getting into Infinity once this 40k league is done.
WickerNipple

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

Hi Soshi, we should be around this Thursday with Malifaux 2E.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Soshi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 pm

hey,

I will definitely try to make it this week. i'm interested to actually see m2e played.
Soshi

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:58 pm

if you let me know what crew you play, I can print out the beta rules (assuming you do not have them already)
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Return to Warmonger Club