Infinity - Demo and possible escalation league

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Infinity - Demo and possible escalation league

Postby Lazlo914 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:28 am

Just wanted to drop a note and introduce myself once again. Name is Nestor, I am currently one of the players who comes in on Thursdays playing Infinity. I used to play 40K but was introduced to Infinity a little less than a year ago and liked it ever since. I and some of my fellow Infinity Players have been coming by every so often and getting a few games in here and there but also answering some questions in regards to Infinity. I ran a tournament this past Saturday which had about 8 players come in and run their armies and with great prize support had an awesome time.

I was hoping to answer anyone's questions but also if anyone wanted to get a demo game in please let me know and I would love to show you what the game is about.

In time I hope to start a escalation league with Infinity in the upcoming months to help anyone that is interested get familiar with the rules and also enjoy a few games.

if you are curious check out www.infinitythegame.com and the rules are downloadable and free. Hope to see you guys there.
Lazlo914

Re: Infinity - Demo and possible escalation league

Postby SteveinNYC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Nestor, that's great that people are playing Infinity regularly at the Strat! There's been a lot of interest, but not a lot of people playing. Hopefully you'll turn that around! I would publicize tournaments on this forum as well as on the Infinity forum; I didn't realize there was a tournament last weekend until you posted here. I'm an infrequent player, but I'll try and make it in for a game in the near future. What time do you guys usually show up?
SteveinNYC

Postby Lazlo914 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Steve, we usually get there between 5:30-6pm depending on the trains or parking. Right now we just gather as much terrain as possible and fill up a 4x4 table Come by, bring what you have I am always up for teaching even if its between two new guys. I don't know the rules 100% but there is a wiki and anoter players usually comes by who is ranked in the top 10 of Infinity players world wide. I hope to get another tournament in the end of Sept or Oct. But if you just want to play lets just get a game in. Do you have an army? what do you play?
Lazlo914

Postby SteveinNYC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Cool. I play PanO and Combined. What factions are popular these days? I don't know the rules 100%, but I've played enough to know the basics. How many points do you play?
SteveinNYC

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

I've been wanting to get into this ~ I'll figure out and order a force sometime in the next couple of weeks.

How many points would the escalation league cover?
WickerNipple

Postby Lazlo914 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 pm

There really isnt any "popular" army to tell you the truth, I run Aleph and just started PanO (Military Orders, Aconticemento Shock Army). One of the guys that comes with me runs PanO as well. Another who comes has Haqqislam, Nomads, and Ariadna. We normally run 300 points.

If I can get enough guys I am thinking of starting at 150 for escalation games for anyone just starting and not familiar with the rules. with 50 point increments every week ending at 300.
Lazlo914

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 am

Pretty sure I'll be playing Ariadna, but there's a chance I'll talk myself into Nomads instead.
WickerNipple

Postby Lazlo914 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

Both good armies and have given me trouble. I will be there this Thursday.
Lazlo914

Postby Lazlo914 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Just a quick reminder I will be there tomorrow at 6pm if anyone is interested in trying out Infinity. If you have any questions also please let me know. Thanks again :)
Lazlo914

Postby SteveinNYC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm not going to make it in today, but I'll at least stop by next week to say hi.
SteveinNYC

Next

Return to Other Games