8/29 Thursday Games

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: 8/29 Thursday Games

Postby Brother Suspectus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Ohh you now have my attention. Pete and I are trying work out some tactics for facing Tau. The end of 2013 and 2014 season will surely see abundant greater good.
Brother Suspectus

Postby GreyDragoon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 pm

I'll be looking forward to it. Hoping to get into 1850 games each week now if possible, although I can only represent that last Riptide with his base for the moment. Perhaps next week for him.
GreyDragoon

Postby GreyDragoon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 pm

The DE model or unit I seem to be having the most trouble with games in my old 1850 build out had 1-2 large beast packs. Those tended to be an issue considering how fast they moved and the sheer amount of attacks in CC.

Of course, with the new list I'm running that might be less of an issue. Those S8AP2 large pie plates are just devastating to those hordes and when spread out just tend to make it so even with a scatter I get a couple models each shot. Instant Death really is problematic for the small high wound count models like the razorwing flock which normally can soak up significant regular fire as you cross the board.
GreyDragoon

Postby dooms33ker » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:51 pm

GreyDragoon wrote:The DE model or unit I seem to be having the most trouble with games in my old 1850 build out had 1-2 large beast packs. Those tended to be an issue considering how fast they moved and the sheer amount of attacks in CC.

Of course, with the new list I'm running that might be less of an issue. Those S8AP2 large pie plates are just devastating to those hordes and when spread out just tend to make it so even with a scatter I get a couple models each shot. Instant Death really is problematic for the small high wound count models like the razorwing flock which normally can soak up significant regular fire as you cross the board.

Yes, the beastpacks are the way to go, in my experience.
Max
dooms33ker

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000