Suggestions on Orc list?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Suggestions on Orc list?

Postby elrodogg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 am

That's a fantastic OnG list considering the number of trolls you have (once you make the bsb a black orc).
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Arash » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm

BSB should be savage, but yes this looks good.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby gjnoronh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm

20 to 35 points more for the bsb upgrade. But agree the 5+ ward and extra attack or animosity protection is nice. Maybe drop one of the wolf or shaman heroes? I like the goblin lore more than Orc outside of the foot. Hmmm. Play test at club night tomorrow as this list is now. I will let you know how it goes.
gjnoronh

Postby Lanceocletian » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Yes, I'm curious to hear how it plays for you. Good luck.
Lanceocletian

Postby Leenus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 pm

6 trolls aren't enough. Against most units you'll see / fight, you'll need 8+. That's assuming you don't take any wounds on the way in.

I will stand by the idea that pump wagons are awful. Sure they sometimes make their points back, but they almost never make more than their points and often just die to a magic missile. They have a horrible expected value. If you want to protect the backfield, use something like an orc chariot. It can threaten the same stuff, but with t5 and 4 wounds with an average armor save you might actually be able to hold for a round.

You also 100% need a black orc in the main bunker unit. There's no reason to give up a magic phase about 1 turn a game.
Leenus

Postby gjnoronh » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks guys played another Orc player last night in battle for the pass. He was mostly close combat infantry so it wasn't a great match up. I bunkered back pretty far and his combat units never made it all the way over. Back up NG casters were gold after I miscast lost the foot first magic phase. Brain bursta stinks. . .

Blorc bsb is a decent point upgrade I am thinking hard about it. So far the wagons have been pretty good. With manglers a fair number of fanatics and the war machines the wagons have only attracted shooting once in the four or so test games I have had. I do like the random move giving it a 360 charge flexibility.
gjnoronh

Postby Lanceocletian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm

How did you feel about the two rock lobberz? I've felt that I get more production out of the six bolt throwers.
Lanceocletian

Postby Larro » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Listen to Lee.

8+ Trolls, 2 each of Lobba, Doom Diver, and Manglers. No need for Bolt Throwers.

Your characters should all be Savage Orcs, outside of the Black Orc Warboss, and maybe a Level 1 Goblin scroll caddy. Savage Orc Level 1 or 2 with Shrunken Head, give the Level 4 the Earthing Rod so you can 6-dice Big Foot all day and have no real risk of Cascading.

Fill the rest with Gobbos w/ Fanatics and mandatory max-sized Savage Orc bus.

It's an O&G gunline, fellas. No need to try to reinvent the wheel here.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy