Did I just see meta leave at the back door? Strong hold-Assu

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Did I just see meta leave at the back door? Strong hold-Assu

Postby Brother Suspectus » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:01 am

And this changes everything... http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/12/ ... sault.html

We're going to need a bigger case.
Brother Suspectus

Re: Did I just see meta leave at the back door? Strong hold-

Postby ninjajuicer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 am

I kinda like it.

I've been on both the good and bad end of the meta over the years and I'd much rather have a meta that was in a constant state of flux then one where the top tier armies were constant.

Might be enough to get me back into tournament play =)
Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 am

Between this and now the newly announced microtransactions (http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Dataslate-Belakor.html for things that should have been in the codexes anyway... pretty sure I've reached my selling off point.
WickerNipple

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 pm

GW be crazy.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby ninjajuicer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:53 pm

@Wicker

Agreed...I still couldn't stop myself from purchasing Index Astares: Emperor's Champion :x

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh thanks ninjajuicer ~ validate their revenue stream whydontcha?? ;)

But seriously, this is the pits. We used to talk about GW getting bought out by somebody. Apparently that somebody is gonna be Zygna.
WickerNipple

Postby ninjajuicer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:22 pm

@Wicker

It does seem like the prices of entry into the hobby has hit a point of ridiculousness. Even though I love fantasy, it has become a 500 dollar hobby. I feel like 40k is more reasonable, but if I hadn't bought most of my stuff years ago I don't think I could justify today's price of entry.

I guess at the end of the day, it is Codex: GAW that decides what the price point for the hobby will be. See: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GAW:LN/chart

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

This isn't even a real gripe about the overall price ~ but apparently they're going to be releasing more and more of these DLCs over the next week. Are you really going to have to pay an extra $4 to get the rules for your favorite models in the future? Is it going to cost you $4 just to factcheck the guy across the table who claims his new special whatsit does what now?

This coming right after having to pay $30 to get the extra special different version of the codex you already paid $50 for? Give me a break.
WickerNipple

Postby elrodogg » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Between the codex costing $50 a pop, the sub-codexes costing $40, the micro transactions costing $4 each, it costs just too much to keep up with the rules.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby GreyDragoon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm

I hadn't seen those micro purchase items before, those are just complete BS. I list them right along with the e-book variants that are the same as the regular book price (will just wait for an actual book - thx GW) Hell the e-book variants should just be freebie or 5$ downloadable versions for those who purchase the physical book.

The one thing that doesn't seem to change is that if you are getting a start in either 40k or Fantasy you really can't get a better deal than ebay for a private army sale to get started.

On the OP, the idea of apoc models sounds all sorts of balance destroying. But the seige book putting more fortifications in the game and an additional 3 "book" missions in is more than welcome. I'd really like GW to up their mission list to rolling 2d6 and consulting a longer list warp-table style. It just gets boring playing the same 6 missions over and over. If they throw in a new deployment with 3 new mission types we'd have a much nicer mix most likely. Oh and fix the damned Emperor's Will mission :(
GreyDragoon

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000