Dark Eldar Revenant Titan

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Postby dooms33ker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:26 am

This big boy might just make me take my DE out of storage.... and also take out one of my kidneys to buy the model. Potentially 4 Strength D shots per turn! Thoughts?
Max
dooms33ker

Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan

Postby dooms33ker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 pm

And for the uninitiated, here is a battle-report using the new escalation supplement along with a Revenant titan and a Tau support cadre as allies. In a 1750 point game. It is a very interesting watch, to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53AGY_AE4ho
Max
dooms33ker

Postby ninjajuicer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:42 pm

That's a shame, those models are so cool.

I guess it all comes down to tournament organizers. With a word, they can put a stop to stuff like that.

I just realized. If these rules suck, there's someone else who can put a stop to it. Me. I'll give these rules the old college try and if they stink, then I won't play with people using them unless prepping for a tourney or playing in one.
Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby deFl0 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm

There are plenty of hard counters to the Eldar titan though. For one it bascailly can't shoot you if you are a flier.

A necron airforce would murder you.

I acutally like the escalation rules and hope they are in tournaments. Strength d at least makes peopel stop taking a lot of the broken crap.
deFl0

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm

deFl0 wrote:Strength d at least makes peopel stop taking a lot of the broken crap.

WickerNipple

Postby ninjajuicer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

deFl0 wrote:A necron airforce would murder you.

On the futerama theme

I was thinking of either armies with 17 scoring units (coming in around 1200 pts) or armies which avoid hitting the table until the last minute (marine/cron air force)

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby dooms33ker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:57 pm

On one hand 3 riptides and a few pathfinders/ marker drones will do nearly the same exact thing as a titan with D weapons, and that's already commonly fielded these days (I'm not busting your chops, Kenny, I know you don't always field 3. You field 4 :orcsslobber: ).

A single D weapon can work for 40k , imo. For instance, if someone wanted to use a shadowsword at the 2k level, I wouldn't have an issue. That's one template per turn that costs a shit-load of points and can scatter, and its carrier isn't to most durable tank in the Warhammer 40k universe.

On the other hand the Revenant Titan features four of these things and a 4+ or 3+ holofield save against everything. It will also move 36" per turn to keep you at bay.

No tournament will let you field one of these things.

Yes it stops the 2++ re-rollable saves and the godzilla MC spam, but it also hurts everything else even worse and not much short of flyer spam will hurt it back. I just hope some of the more sensible units in the book, like the Baneblade and its variants, the stompa, and the Lord of Skulls, have a chance to see the tabletop. The tesseract Vault is a little too strong for its points when fully upgraded; the Harridan is alright, but can be a little op if one has little anti-flyer defense; and the same can be applied to the Thunderhawk, plus the model costs a fortune.

The stronghold Assault book is a whole different conversation. AV15? Vortex missiles and d weapons? Why not?
Max
dooms33ker

Postby deuce11 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Ugh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deuce11

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:05 pm

The only major problem I see is that this fixes the jetbike/daemon death star, but manages to buff the air force. If those Eldar D monsters became common in tournaments, we could see Necron air force all over the place.

I think you could also build obnoxious imperial armies based on flyers as well. I built a marine list the other day that was pretty much all airborne and still had decent numbers of tactical marines/crusaders (a cute thing about the Stormraven is that as a heavy it adds scoring units for "Big Guns"). I would imagine that Imperial guard could probably do MSU with three Vendettas and an airborne inquisitional force.

I am thinking of a marine/inquisition list that looks something like.

Inquisitional Detachment:

Valk with Lascannon
10 Crusaders, priest

Valk with Lascannon
10 Crusaders, priest

Valk with Lascannon
10 Crusaders, priest

Coteaz

Marines

2 Tactical Squads
Lascannon
Grav gun, grav on sgt

2 stormravens

Add Commander to taste.

You could get a lot more on the marine side if you cut the large crusader priest blobs down to 11 initiaties and 3 plasmaguns.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Apparently, Mr Revenant is now the new kid on campus. As I understand it, the following units are now legal for escalation.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... sofwar.pdf

Alex
ninjajuicer

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000