What about having a Kill Team Tourney?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

What about having a Kill Team Tourney?

Postby Katurian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Hey friends

So I'm wondering: Assuming I/we collectively could get Complete Strat on board with this, would there be interest in running a one day kill team tournament? I think it could be a lot of fun. Narrative style based on the books with leaders able to earn upgrades. If well all agree on a nominal entry fee ($10?) we could offer store credit as a prize.

Thoughts everyone?
Katurian

Re: What about having a Kill Team Tourney?

Postby ninjajuicer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 pm

I'd play
Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby GreyDragoon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 am

I'd certainly do it as well. I'd suggest any talk of a tourney should include one of the members who has been around long enough to know the process for hosting a tourney and what the store expects/timing/etc.

Some narrative 1 day Kill Team awesomeness certainly would be great. Perhaps something large with a 2+ team situation where each team has a narrative track and there's MVPs and such? Kill teams lends itself to quick rounds and narrative storylines.
GreyDragoon

Postby gograth » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 am

ide be down for some kill team orks are nice in kill team point games
gograth

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:19 am

CS is happy for us to host events.

You'll want to speak to Mike about specifics - it needs to be planned in advance so it can fit into their saturday calendar, it needs to be advertised with flyers at the store and a notice on this site, and it needs to timed so it will finish during their normal business hours.

I don't know the specifics of what they need in terms of attendance & collections in order to get prize support these days, but Mike can explain that.
WickerNipple

Postby Katurian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Okay so I can pull my weight in terms of helping to put this together but yes I think someone with more of a relationship with mike should take the lead as well as more experience with actual tournament play as I've myself only been to one. Kenny?
Katurian

Postby Guy In Suit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Talk to me tonight - it's easy.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Katurian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:42 pm

re: narrative play I was thinking we could combine the old leader kill = level up at the end of the battle system from the free warhammer world PDF with the book. So at the end of each round the Leader levels up. Perhaps vChaos champions instead roll on the chaos table and the effects carry forward to the next game. If the leader is killed in a game, he loses all his special rules and returns to one random special rule from the book for the next match with an Eternal Warrior award for the leaders that survive to the end of the tournament and a Demon Spawn Trophy for the leader with the most deaths.

I actually can't make it tonight as I'm in Long Island with my wife but maybe next week? With New Bugs no less! Not that 5 riptides wont end me in one round now that there's no iron arm haha.
Katurian

Postby The Gunslinger » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Katurian, I used to regularly run tourneys at CS, so I can help as well. I'll be in tonight.

What's your name?

Lou
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Katurian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 pm

hey Lou!

I think we've met before? Maybe? But if we haven't, I'm Phillip. Hello!

why don't you shoot me an email at philliprudy@gmail.com and maybe we can make this happen.

Cheers
P
Katurian

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000