New Nids List feedback

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: New Nids List feedback

Postby dooms33ker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

WickerNipple wrote:Synapse is the reason people aren't playing with multiple huge gaunt blobs.

This. Give me warriors with venomthropes, an aegis line mid-field, and just keep Tau the hell away. My last Tyranid army was full of gants and they never accomplished anything. If anything it's worse now.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm

dooms33ker wrote:
WickerNipple wrote:Synapse is the reason people aren't playing with multiple huge gaunt blobs.

This. Give me warriors with venomthropes, an aegis line mid-field, and just keep Tau the hell away. My last Tyranid army was full of gants and they never accomplished anything. If anything it's worse now.

Since you mention Tau, I have to ask how you been able to keep yours alive? It seems like there is A LOT of AP4 out there these days (my marines will throw a lot of AP4 too).

~Alex
Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby dooms33ker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:35 pm

ninjajuicer wrote:
dooms33ker wrote:

Since you mention Tau, I have to ask how you been able to keep yours alive? It seems like there is A LOT of AP4 out there these days (my marines will throw a lot of AP4 too).

~Alex

Cover saves from terrain + venomthropes. Tau will wreck your day with anything that ignores cover, but such weaponry is relatively rare for most other armies. Barrages can be a nasty piece of work, though you'll at least be shrouded by the venoms.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

dooms33ker wrote:Cover saves from terrain + venomthropes. Tau will wreck your day with anything that ignores cover, but such weaponry is relatively rare for most other armies. Barrages can be a nasty piece of work, though you'll at least be shrouded by the venoms.

I could see the hellturkey as being a problem too, given that Tyranids seem to lack skyfire (and they can't man an aegis defense line per the FAQ).

Alex
ninjajuicer

Postby deuce11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 pm

I was theory-hammering a Nid list that looks more like this (and it was before the net lists started showing up)

Tyrant with Synapse focused wargear (Norm gobbly-gook), regen, and a nasty gun
Tyrant guard

Venomthrope
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

30 Deep Gaunt blob
Tervi with regen
another gaunt/horm blob

3x Shooty-Fexen
3x Biovores
Exocrine OR Mawloc

Bastion (to spread venomthrope shrouding, protect the advance, hide the biovores, and provide AA)
deuce11

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:50 pm

deuce11 wrote:I was theory-hammering a Nid list that looks more like this (and it was before the net lists started showing up)

Tyrant with Synapse focused wargear (Norm gobbly-gook), regen, and a nasty gun
Tyrant guard

Venomthrope
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

30 Deep Gaunt blob
Tervi with regen
another gaunt/horm blob

3x Shooty-Fexen
3x Biovores
Exocrine OR Mawloc

Bastion (to spread venomthrope shrouding, protect the advance, hide the biovores, and provide AA)

Looks fun, but wasn't there an FAQ that prohibited 'Nids from manning AA guns ?

Alex
ninjajuicer

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000