6/19 -- 3pm and 6pm

Moderator: Anger Worm

6/19 -- 3pm and 6pm

Postby dooms33ker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Anyone up for some Warhammer Fantasy this Thursday? I'd like to get a game at 3 and another at 6, if possible. ;)
Max
dooms33ker

Re: 6/19 -- 3pm and 6pm

Postby WoollyMammoth » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 am

I have 2400 vamps ready for 6pm
Casey
WoollyMammoth

Postby Lanceocletian » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Max- I can make it tomorrow. 3 PM game @ 2,500 points (not ETC). -Lance
Lanceocletian

Postby dooms33ker » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Sounds good, Lance.

Casey, bring a 2500 point list as well if you can.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby WoollyMammoth » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 pm

np ill make a 2500 list
Casey
WoollyMammoth

Postby WoollyMammoth » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:12 pm

After the 8th edition rulebook came out four years ago, the FAQ came out to say that if a unit charges and a unit dies due to demonic instability, undead, cornered rats or warmachines failing their break test, the charging unit could not choose to overrun.

This was a major boost to the VC rulebook and gave some value to many of our very poor units.

I've just been informed that as of April they flipped this rule on its face and the answer is now a big fat YES they can overrun.

So, sorry for that. your bull centaurs were supposed to be able to overrun into the flank of my ghoul horde :(

I was planning on filling up with re-directors and flank blockers, but now it seems that I have to make a deathstar black knight bus or otherwise I'll keep getting flanked and losing games.
Casey
WoollyMammoth

Postby dooms33ker » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 pm

WoollyMammoth wrote:After the 8th edition rulebook came out four years ago, the FAQ came out to say that if a unit charges and a unit dies due to demonic instability, undead, cornered rats or warmachines failing their break test, the charging unit could not choose to overrun.

This was a major boost to the VC rulebook and gave some value to many of our very poor units.

I've just been informed that as of April they flipped this rule on its face and the answer is now a big fat YES they can overrun.

So, sorry for that. your bull centaurs were supposed to be able to overrun into the flank of my ghoul horde :(

I was planning on filling up with re-directors and flank blockers, but now it seems that I have to make a deathstar black knight bus or otherwise I'll keep getting flanked and losing games.

Good to know.

Speaking of VC FAQs, the most flagrantly wrong rule call is the one is that allows the 'Gheist and Banshee to scream into a combat they are not involved in. This just goes completely against the rule as it was written originally. In the army book it said that the 'Gheist and Banshee can scream into a combat they are engaged in, not into a combat they are not, but whoever did the FAQ just blatantly ignored that.

But in any case, sour grapes aside, at least I have an idea of what to expect from that enormous sack of guts next time.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby WoollyMammoth » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:29 am

ha yeah. Well book calls it a "special attack in the shooting phase". Its not a spell becasue its during shooting, and its not a shooting because it has its own rules. You can march, charge and shoot while in close combat. It doesn't say you can shoot into other units engaged in close combat, so that was an interesting call in the FAQ. I guess they wanted to give us a cool shooting attack since its our only one. Shrieks are considered the glue holding our army together. Still, a banshee does an average of .5 wounds per turn against Ld10 and the Terrorgheist has a giant target on its head.

The craziest FAQ is actually is with the fact that they used the word "may" in the Tgheist description, so it "may" shoot the target in base contact, or shoot out of combat to snipe out a different target 8" away. The banshee must attack the target its in contact with.

Additionally, both attacks only need Line of Sight which is described in the rule book (pg10) as the ability to trace a line from the models eye to its target. Since the Tgheist's eyes are on the side of its head that's pretty much both forward and side arcs, however I think the "gentleman's way" of determining line of sight is using forward arc minus standard LOS blockers such as hills, buildings and enemy units.

As for crumbling flank blockers, it seems I just need to angle my units in such a way that you are facing a direction which would make your overcharge useless.

And I reformed my spirit hosts to be facing forward so that's more clear next time. Thanks for the tip.
Casey
WoollyMammoth

Return to Warhammer Fantasy