Gue'Vasa / Tau 2'x2' Display Board

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Gue'Vasa / Tau 2'x2' Display Board

Postby GreyDragoon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:21 am

So I've likely bitten off more than I can chew, but the purchase order is now out.

Buying this resin board to fit into/fill my 2'x2' tray as a base. Theme-wise I'm thinking Gue'vasa human collaborators with my sept/commander. They are traitors/infiltrators that are smuggling out weapons and tech to the farsight enclaves.

Painting this thing is going to be a real mother, I've never tried this before so quite the undertaking. Suggestions are more than welcome. Once it's painted up/done, I'm going to then want to Tau it up a bit with weapons, bits, and perhaps some banners. Finally I'll get a box of Cadian guardsmen and give them some tau bits to show them as collaborators.

As far as the units I need to be able to fit on this for actual gameplay purposes, I would want 2 squads of kroot, 2 full suit teams, 3 rip tides, 2 sky rays, and a bunch of drones along with 2 commanders on this thing. The human collaborators are just with fluff (so not really necessary for usage.) I'm going to take the wooden frame I built for my existing 2'x2' and add additional support beams under it so it has more support for the center as I definitely noticed warpage with my last display board in that area.

Anyhow, this should certainly keep me quite busy up through to Adepticon! Will post pics and such as it comes in, as well as pics of the army as they get cleaned up for usage.
GreyDragoon

Re: Gue'Vasa / Tau 2'x2' Display Board

Postby GreyDragoon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Kind of pissed, it arrived but is only 23.75" in both length and width. Still works as a display board but now kinda floats in the frame and wouldn't be usable for a future game board (boo!)

Waiting to see what FW has to say. I will admit, it's damned good looking!
GreyDragoon

Re: Gue'Vasa / Tau 2'x2' Display Board

Postby deFl0 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:48 am

The one I really want is the downed thunder hawk!!!!
deFl0

Return to Modeling and Painting