Newbee Preliminary barrage against questions

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Newbee Preliminary barrage against questions

Postby -young warlock » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Hello,
i'm intrested in how Preliminary barrage works against monsterus creatures and independed models? can they also be hit? and what is the strength of these hits? or are only armour save's allowed?

grtz and thanks
the youngwarlock
-young warlock

Re: Newbee Preliminary barrage against questions

Postby -young warlock » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:34 pm

I've got another question.
In my last battle a group of trukkboyz asaulted one of my vipers. because the viper had moved more as 6" he had to roll a 6 for each trukkboy to hit my viper. he rolled for all the trukkboyz in 1 roll, but one of them had a power claw. His conclusion was that he could roll for all of them (because they have the same ws) and then deside wich trukkboy (and of course the one with a power claw) hit the viper.

I thought that because one of them has a differend weapon he has to roll seperate for that model.

hope somebody can help us out with this (simple) problem.
-young warlock

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Second question: It always takes 6's to hit a skimmer using a hand-to-hand attack. And you are right: he needs to roll separately for the different weapons just as he does in any other hand-to-hand situation.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Flavius Infernus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:07 pm

On the preliminary bombardment question: rules on page 194 say that you roll for each unit on the tabletop. Page 8 says that a single creature or lone hero are both types of units. So doesn't matter if it's a monstrous creature or IC on his own, you still roll to see if they're hit.
Flavius Infernus

Postby -KnightACT » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:48 pm

I think that an indep char getting hit by a long range barrage shell... and not getting instagibbed by it is hillarious:rollin
-KnightACT

Postby -young warlock » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 am

Do farseers and avatar count as units? and a wraithlord? or are units more than 1 models?
-young warlock

Postby -Thrax » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:25 am

You're thinking this through too much. A unit is anything on the table, more or less, whether a vehicle, independent character, monstrous creature, or multi-model unit -- anything targetable. An IC that joins another unit, however, is no longer a distinct unit, unless he's being specifically targeted in CC.

T
-Thrax

Postby Flavius Infernus » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:28 am

The definition of units is on page 8 of the rulebook under the giant heading that says "Units." :)

The rulebook answers all your questions so far--double check the rules before you resort to board posts.
Flavius Infernus

Return to Warhammer 40,000