Spawn or no spawn?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Spawn or no spawn?

Postby Ancow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:57 am

So thinking over my tactics for the necro, I've been thinking over my useage of Gift of Chaos + warp focus on the DP. Its invaluable at giving me a shot to take out powerfists and such lurking in squads, but the question is whether or not I bring the spawn model with me to use. on one hand, he can take some wounds for the demon prince, but if he doesnt die in the ensuing assault, my DP is kinda screwed for flying away from him. Any ideas for what would be better?
Ancow

Re: Spawn or no spawn?

Postby mauleed » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 am

Every single unit champ in your army should have gift and warp focus.

A flying prince should have the flamer template, and if you've got points to spare, gift, just to use in a pinch. But he would not be my default choice to give gift to.
mauleed

Postby Ancow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:30 am

My list works.... a little bit differently Ed. Spawn wouldnt work the way I have the rubrics set up and all, plus the LOC, and the fact that taking out powerfists with the DP makes him amazingly resilient at toughness 6
Ancow

Postby mauleed » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Well, we've got time to kill. Why wouldn't it work that way for you?

I understand not spending points on the champ that brings in the greater daemon, but other than that, why not have gift?
mauleed

Postby Ancow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:07 pm

Because I play a complete foot-slogging sons list, and for the same 30 points I spend on gift + focus can go to say, bolt of change allowing me to actually kill shit before it gets within 8". THis is all irregardless of the fact taht I feel like paying more money to change my list, in particular one with a completely radically different playstyle than I have been using.
Ancow

Postby deFl0 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:39 pm

It's true, I was always of the camp of all gifts across the board. But Georges list is actually designed to be a shooty K sons list, and it does that fairly well.

He bascially pummels you with a bunch of walking lascannons to soften you up and eats you up close with bolter power and tar pit squads. It's a grind list.

To play the gift list, I think you mount everything in rhinos and drop them in your opponents face.

Very different takes on K sons. I've never seen anyone use the list quite like George, it's not the standard list you are used to seeing played.

Pete
deFl0

Postby deFl0 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Oh and George bring the spawn. If you don't want the spawn don't produce the model... In my mind, by the time you get your prince there and in hth it will be fairly late in the game anyway. You'll wan the spawn to soak up in commin fire to preserve the points.

Pete
deFl0

Postby Ancow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:35 am

Flattery will get you nowhere Pete. But yeah, I think your death guard list was the only thing that beat my list since March, and the two losses I had in the tournement were hardly the list's fault. It really excels against MEQS which seems to be roughly 99% of the armies in the 40k section of the event, and even your game against me came down to tactics and some crappy luck on my part with not vaporizing your rhino that one turn. Plus the girlfriend distractions. Definately gotta factor that in.

PS: Not to mention. It's faaar fluffier and keeping in what a TS list is "meant" to be.
Ancow

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:52 am

I beat the CRAP out of my AC twice in a row. :( Damn big chicken!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -DasDevilSquid » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 am

I like the sound of your Thousand Sons army...

Do you have any vehicles for Anti-Tank, or do you just rely on the Bolts to crack armor for you?

D-D
-DasDevilSquid

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000