Magic Items Comments Here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Magic Items Comments Here

Postby albanyadriel » Tue May 12, 2009 10:59 am

Please place comments for Magic Items here
I do commission work at an affordable and competitive price. please contact me at adriel.colon@gmail.com for a price quote. I can send out a portfolio for all those interested.

Proud Founding Member of The Shambling Horde! http://www.yonko1969.webs.com
albanyadriel

Re: Magic Items Comments Here

Postby albanyadriel » Tue May 12, 2009 11:02 am

Black Standard of Zharr Naggrund
125pts for 12'' immune to psych seems kind of steep. Immune to psych is a tough sell for ld9 units with ld10 characters running around. they are going to pass alot of those test anyway. Maybe its for units like hobgoblins and rabble? but then why would you not want the option to flee? drop it to 65-85pts or perhaps units within 12'' immune to panic/fear/terror so they have the option to flee; or get stubborn; or +1 combat rez and +1 ld (max at 10) for units within 12''?
I do commission work at an affordable and competitive price. please contact me at adriel.colon@gmail.com for a price quote. I can send out a portfolio for all those interested.

Proud Founding Member of The Shambling Horde! http://www.yonko1969.webs.com
albanyadriel

Postby mauleed » Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 am

Can a high priest buy scrolls?

There's no list of costs for standard magic items.
mauleed

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 am

yes, it's in there someplace. We could not reprint the rules, so we said "reference the Warriors of Chaos book"
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Tue May 12, 2009 11:59 am

Formatting issue - the rules of the guantlets of bazhrak get cut off at the end of the page. I assume it's as it was in the original pdf? Cost is listed as the same.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 pm

yup, oops. same old rules. :oops:
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Sergrum » Tue May 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Hailfire Gun- cool item, make it no shooting penalites. or always hit on 4+. As is, ur BS 3, multi shot, normally moving (marching so not shooting), and over half. needs like 6's-7's to hit anything.

Axe of Genocide- Pick a race? wtf, seems confusing. why not keep that in the fluff but just make it an auto wound weapon.

Chalice of Fire- good idea in 6th, bad in 7th. First off, in an army that casts all bounds, it is super OP vs a caddie army. Take 2 dice away from them and they cant stop even one of the 7+ bounds you throw out, which are strong enough to trash and units in one turn. 2ndly, if i use it in my dispel phase, and roll a 5-6, where do the dice come from? 2 pool and a random wizard?
Sergrum

Postby grotsnot » Tue May 12, 2009 1:07 pm

I have to agree on the Axe of Genocide. It either needs to be made simpler, or have a better explanation.

Are we choosing an army book, or is it actuallt RACE?

ie, does choosing "elves" include all types of elves, but exclude monsters/harpies? Do we pick "greenskins" or must we choose between orcs and goblins?
grotsnot

Postby Fitz » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 pm

I have a more fundamental problem with this item - its name. You must be able to come up with something a little less *ahem* colourful? You wouldn't make an item called the "Rod of Paedophilia" would you?
Fitz

Postby allanmcnab » Tue May 12, 2009 7:39 pm

only if they use the Fimir would they get a rod of pedophilia
:D
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Next

Return to Characters