High Priest and Magic comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: High Priest and Magic comments here

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Well I see that but isn't rolling 3 1's in a game and having your lvl4 lord die a bit too drastic?

I like the turn to stone idea a lot. It'd be rare but still could happen. You could always drop the lord I stat to 2. So 2 miscasts and 1's kills him. Still seems a bit harsh.
Poxous

Postby method » Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Sergrum wrote:I was thinking just having the power level be 2+d6 and if you roll a 1 it does not go off at all.

Todd, the only thing i dont like is it makes miscasting and rolling another 1 too good since u'd have to do it 3 times to die from it and its not like the I is useful anyways.

yea, but if the I is reduced to zero, the priest is dead, CD priests start with I of a two.....
method

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm

How about keep the Int at 3-4 but make the #6 miscast IF and a -1 Int?
Poxous

Postby pjschard » Tue May 12, 2009 5:04 pm

method wrote:
Sergrum wrote:I was thinking just having the power level be 2+d6 and if you roll a 1 it does not go off at all.

Todd, the only thing i dont like is it makes miscasting and rolling another 1 too good since u'd have to do it 3 times to die from it and its not like the I is useful anyways.

yea, but if the I is reduced to zero, the priest is dead, CD priests start with I of a two.....

Only High Priest can "miscast" because hero level priests don't get spells, they buy Daemonblades for them.
pjschard

Postby method » Tue May 12, 2009 6:22 pm

opps, i was wrong, the high priests start with I 3, so, not so bad..
method

Postby allanmcnab » Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 am

the problem here to me seems not to be the miscasting damage (not that you don't have to be careful about it) but rather that It takes your init, and ruins your magic phase. The difference between the cd phase, and the skaven phase which has a similar mechanic is in how your opponent commits dispell dice. with skaven you have no chance to wound yourself if the spell is dispelled. with the cd, the miscast happens immediately, prior to any dispell. This allows your opponent to save dice, and pretty much wipe out any remaining magic phase you have. If instead of happening before dispell it happens only if the spell is cast, that will at least give you a magic phase on the turn you lose the init by allowing the failed spell to draw out dispell dice.
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby mattbird » Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 am

good point, Allan.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

Another option would be to have each spell tied to a spicific stat, say the fist's of fire would effect his toughness, and doomroar would effect his LD or some sutch, although that may require too mutch recordkeeping.

Alternitely, always let the spell go off but on a 1 he loses a point of I, so 3 1's and you die (the +i item may need to be changed however) also the power level of the spells may need to be changed.
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Sergrum » Thu May 14, 2009 5:24 pm

I think going back to lvl4's and lvl2's would be overall better and more accepted. Hell i dont even think CD need their own lore. I get this feeling that this books has like 5-6 "new" rules ideas/playstyles so much so it might cause an uproar from average Gt goes who gets to the table and is like "wtf is all this"

Sergrum
Sergrum

Postby mattbird » Thu May 14, 2009 5:38 pm

:orc thumb:
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

PreviousNext

Return to Characters