Bull Centaur character comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Bull Centaur character comments here

Postby gjnoronh » Fri May 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Agree with BSB concerns I'd be cautious about giving this guy lots of bull centaur enhancing effects because you get into situation where a cavalry focused army build looks attractive pretty quickly - which shouldn't be what CD are about.

I think the lesser LD might make sense - as it does give you a real reason to take the actual CD fighty heroes.
gjnoronh

Postby MantisZero » Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 pm

I didnt think i would say this, but in the lists i have built i would rather have the BCs rare... too many fun special choices!
MantisZero

Postby Groznit Goregut » Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Actually, I want a cavalry focused army. Even with the RH list, you can get two big BC units with a great taurus and wolf riders.
Aye, Gorgut is nothin but a lyin, stinkin, no good git! And he just tried to stick me! Time to bash sum
Groznit Goregut

Postby big al » Mon May 18, 2009 1:37 pm

You might as well rename the entire army Bull Centaurs instead of Chaos Dwarfs if you do that.

That's stupid, you can already make an all hobgoblin chaos dwarf army, why not rename the book: hobgoblins of chaos?
Let's look at it this way: would you really want to field an entire army of T4, great weapon wielding guys with only 1 wound and 5+ armor?
big al

Postby Maul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 pm

I like the entry in the book. I think they are pretty good. I am glad to see I can still have a BSB bull centaur. I just wanted to make one concern about the lord bull centaur. This has never been a character unit that has been used much in most games. One of the main reasons is that he does not cause fear. If you look at other units with similar state line, they almost all cause fear. The lord simply can not stand up to a rank and file units in our current gaming environment with out it.

You could just give him the special rule: Terrible Presence-because the of his massive stature and the reverence held toward him, he causes fear. Or you could just say, he causes fear. If he cause fear, that would be enough for me to play with him, other then that he is still going to be too fragile to deal with armies like demons, and VC.

That is my $0.02
Maul

Previous

Return to Characters