Chaos Dwarf Warrior version 2 comments here!

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Chaos Dwarf Warrior version 2 comments here!

Postby Border Reiver » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Yes, the RH list the blunderbuss essentially operated that every model under or partially under the template was treated as if it was a partial hit from a template. The 5th ed army book had a really clear diagram to show how it work with partially covered models, models with more than one wound, models behind cover, etc.

The new wording isn't as clear as the RH wording im my opinion.

If the RH rules described the fire zone as a template 12" deep and as wide as the unit, it would be very easy for people to understand.
Border Reiver

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm

mattbird wrote:
Alric wrote:Question - whats the difference in the 2 attacks , normal and concentrated volley ? just the move and shoot option ? you move you can only make 12 inch range S3 attack ? you dont move you do get the rank bonus at 12 inch range ? How many attacks are made for the regular attack ? (front rank only at 12 inch range?)

They can both move and shoot.

The "normal" shot is a 12" move and shoot str 3 no penalty weapon. Assuming you have a unit of 15, you may want to use this if:

Alric

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 pm

Border Reiver wrote:Yes, the RH list the blunderbuss essentially operated that every model under or partially under the template was treated as if it was a partial hit from a template. The 5th ed army book had a really clear diagram to show how it work with partially covered models, models with more than one wound, models behind cover, etc.

Understand this is how Blunderbuss have resolved combat since the Chaos Dwarf Army book. Determine the number of models in the "Fire zone" roll a d6, 1-3 miss , 4-6 hit.
If models bases are partially covered, those halfway or more covered are considered in the "fire zone" bases less than half are not. For those model bases to close to call or agree upon , roll a d6 first , 1-3 not in fire zone, 4-6 in fire zone. The same as when you use any template weapon and model bases are partially covered.
Alric

Postby mattbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 am

( currently, templates in WHFB hit a model if it is fully under the template. If it is touched, but not 100% under, you roll a d6 for it, on a 4+ it is hit. )
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby mattbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:04 am

Border Reiver wrote:Yes, the RH list the blunderbuss essentially operated that every model under or partially under the template was treated as if it was a partial hit from a template. The 5th ed army book had a really clear diagram to show how it work with partially covered models, models with more than one wound, models behind cover, etc.

The new wording isn't as clear as the RH wording im my opinion.

If the RH rules described the fire zone as a template 12" deep and as wide as the unit, it would be very easy for people to understand.

Well, the 5th ed blunderbuss rules were 2 pages long. I tried to boil this new test version down to a few sentences, and perhaps I made it too brief. Kev and I will work on the wording when it makes it's way into the actual test rules.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby wallacer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 pm

The simplest solution is just to say that there are no partials, it is just 4+ (maybe more given cover) regardless of being fully or partially under the template.
wallacer

Postby Aves » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:06 am

As i understood the brief, it much more simplified than 5ed and ravening hordes options, simplicity=playability. Also BB's are not so overpowered in certain situations, and underpowered in others, Its not possible to kill 60 odd models and lord on a dragon will not get only 1 hit. So as such Kevin's BB rules are great.
Aves

Previous

Return to Core