Plan for abusive testing

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Plan for abusive testing

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Hey, quick question on the big picture. After the book is at a pretty close-to-complete stage, will people be encouraged to try to search for minmax and magic item combos that run counter to the spirit of the list? Should there also be a phase to try to work through all the rules-lawyer wording precision so that no FAQ should be necessary? Should those be part of the ongoing process right now, or are things too much in flux at the moment? Just wondering if there was going to be a "polishing" round after stuff is mostly hammered out.
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Re: Plan for abusive testing

Postby KevinC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Darkblood, all of this can and should be happening now. I know that there is some wording with rules I need to clarify, but if anything concerns you or that you don't understand please point it out. Even if I'm already aware of it, better safe than sorry!

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Garrett » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Along these lines, Obsidian Guard probably should get some sort of restriction in Hobgoblin armies. Bull Centaurs too.
Garrett

Postby mattbird » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 pm

In flavor armies like the hobgoblin on, it's usually left up to the player to decide what internal restrictions to put on him or herself. GW has shied away from limited the types of armies you can field based on fluff.

I think the OP was more referring to trying to break the rules from a combo and rules-lawyering perspective.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:26 am

Yup, was focused on both broken combos as well as clarity-of-wording issues.

It'd be good to get an editor who knows the correct usages for "effect" and "affect" as well ;)
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby KevinC » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

It'd be good to get an editor who knows the correct usages for "effect" and "affect" as well

---------Hey I admit, I've always struggle with the differences to those words. That being said, a friend of mine, who is a master of English will be editing the book, so don't worry.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Return to General discussion