v.3 Hobgoblins vs Tomb King (2000)

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: v.3 Hobgoblins vs Tomb King (2000)

Postby mattbird » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 am

You won't see RH style nonsense because a Hobgobbo with a Bow is 50 pts. for the unit, and if you make the proper changes, Sh/LA would be 80 for 20. People only spammed HGs because they were 20 pts for 10 models in RH days. Obviously ridiculous. But minimum size 20 for Sh/LA guys, and paying 5 pts. for a Bow, are not unreasonable. Yes I agree with Andy that they have uses, and most people would take 2-3 units of them, but so what? The army's CORE will still be Chaos Dwarfs, and you won't be winning any games based on your Hobgoblins. Your CDs and CD-cousins like Bulls and the like will be needed to win, particularly vs. the shit out there these days. It's really not that big a deal, no more so than O&G being able to spam units of Snotlings till their hearts are content, or High Elves having the option for up to 4 Eagles for the same 200 pts., or Undead with 40 pt. 18" Dire Wolf fast cav.

I agree. Nobody is going to complain about 4-pt hobgoblins that come only in units of 20+, or 50-pt archer units. Let's not be so worried about these two breaking the list. They don't.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Re: v.3 Hobgoblins vs Tomb King (2000)

Postby Larro » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:24 pm

I agree, though it appears Kevin was concerned about this, so that's why I posted.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Previous

Return to Battle Reports