Planning a game..........

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Planning a game..........

Postby Bjorni » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 am

Hi guys,

First off, thanks and good luck on the project, it has certainly motivated me to bring out my CDs for a couple of games. :D

I've planned a game Saturday, 2250 pts with my CDs vs a friend who will field either HE or O&G.

We've indicated to bring a fun, scrap list and leave any US 5+ flying things at home Saturday. Both of us have played enough games involving Greater Deamons, Black Dragons, Manitcores or Star Dragons lately. I went for a magic phase of 4 Bounds to not go OOT.

This is what I'm planning to field:

CD Lord, shield, Death Mace, Amulet of Hashut 238
BC Bsb, Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon 159
Deamonsmith, shield, Hex 107
Deamonsmith, Helm of Azgorh, shield 112

17 CD, heavy armour, shields, FC, Stone Totem, Eruption gun 268 (BSB+Deamonsmith in here)
18 CD, heavy armour, shields, FC 187 (Lord+Deamonsmith in here)
15 Annihilators, standard, music 195

3x 5 Hobbo Wolf Riders, spears, music 3x 76 228
2x 20 Rabble, overseer 2x 76
20 Hobbo Warriors, FC, shields 120

2 Spear Chukka 2x 30 60
1 Death Rocket 80
1 Earthshaker 90

3 Inferno Golems, Eruption Gun 235

So quite a few bodies on the table, medium magic, a little above avg shooting phase and a solid base.

Is there anything you'd like to get a more detailed idea from about how it performed?

For the rest I had some things that were unclear so far or Questions that popped up:

-What is the Eruption Gun, I've deducted it's probably based on the old Swivel gun adn the T7W3 profile suggest a real war machine. Or should I treat it like a Skaven Weapon Team? How many CD (?) crew?

-I take it Deamonsmiths can't take Magic Weapons since they already have one?

-Shouldn't the Great Weapon of the Bull Centaur cost 6pts at least?

-Agree with the 20+ min size for Hobbo warriors, but what about a separate unit entry for Archers at 10+? (maybe with no more archer unit than warrior units?)

-CD Slaver profile in the Hobbo Warrior listing in the army list?

-No magic banner or Bull Centaur units? Not even at least for 1 unit?

-Fists of Fire for the High Priest only?

-Magma Tide can be succesfully cast on the same unit multiple times in 1 phase? And on the same note everything in the army is a valid target, even the Siege Tower and the green rabble?

-Love the idea for the Death Rocket, curious to see if it works out.

-Hail Hashut is stackable?

-CD Characters are allowed to join Hobbo/Rabble units? ( I know the rules don't suggest otherwise, but was this considered?)

-Wording of the Treacherous Gits rule, shouldn't the passage about if the army contains a Hobbo unit the Rabble don't test for animosity read something about that the Hobbo unit needs to be on the table? (as it stands now if you bring 1 hobbo wolf unit, all Rabble will never test for 6 turns, even if the wolfs run off in turn 2)

-Overall a great effort so far, first impressions regarding internal balance for unit/item choices: Wow! the competition in the Special section is fierce. The magic weapons are all pretty decent, but they and all the other magic weapons could use more stuff in the 15-30 points range. As it stands now only the Sword of Might is decent combo-able on a Hero.

-Please include a Stats Summary page as the last page, maybe with the spells listed as well, if there's room.

Thanks and I'll be back with pics, a battle report and some more thoughts/obserations this weekend.

Bjorn

-
Bjorni

Re: Planning a game..........

Postby mattbird » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi, thanks for all the feedback, and trying a test game! The 2 main things to look at are magic and blunderbusses at this point. The rest is down to changing point costs and tweaking stats.

Bjorni wrote:

For the rest I had some things that were unclear so far or Questions that popped up:

-What is the Eruption Gun, I've deducted it's probably based on the old Swivel gun adn the T7W3 profile suggest a real war machine. Or should I treat it like a Skaven Weapon Team? How many CD (?) crew?

We are changing it to a single 40mm base, 2 wounds, 2 attacks, str3, T5, 3+ save, 45 pts (tentative)

-I take it Deamonsmiths can't take Magic Weapons since they already have one?

yup, but that will change

possibly, but for now go by the book

-Agree with the 20+ min size for Hobbo warriors, but what about a separate unit entry for Archers at 10+? (maybe with no more archer unit than warrior units?)

yup! we are adding in a separate unit of archers, at 10+ unit size

-CD Slaver profile in the Hobbo Warrior listing in the army list?

use warrior champion stats

-No magic banner or Bull Centaur units? Not even at least for 1 unit?

they will be able to take one in V4, so yes, go ahead and give them one

-Fists of Fire for the High Priest only?

nope! DS can use, too

-Magma Tide can be succesfully cast on the same unit multiple times in 1 phase? And on the same note everything in the army is a valid target, even the Siege Tower and the green rabble?

no, once per phase, but yes, can be used on anything

-Hail Hashut is stackable?

yes, i suppose so!

-CD Characters are allowed to join Hobbo/Rabble units? ( I know the rules don't suggest otherwise, but was this considered?)

yes

-Wording of the Treacherous Gits rule, shouldn't the passage about if the army contains a Hobbo unit the Rabble don't test for animosity read something about that the Hobbo unit needs to be on the table? (as it stands now if you bring 1 hobbo wolf unit, all Rabble will never test for 6 turns, even if the wolfs run off in turn 2)

this rule is going away, so don't use it

Bjorn

-
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Bjorni » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. :D

possibly, but for now go by the book

Sorry, I meant for the Bull Centaur Hero.
Bjorni

Postby Border Reiver » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:47 pm

mattbird wrote:-Hail Hashut is stackable?

yes, i suppose so!

You might want to change the description to remove this ability then. This is definitely OTT
Border Reiver

Return to Battle Reports