V3 Sneaky Gits comments here!

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: V3 Sneaky Gits comments here!

Postby Hashuts Scion » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Hashuts Scion wrote:Kevin, et al.,
I playtested with the current version of sneaky gits a few times. I've noticed the scout rule doesn't really help. Finding a piece of terrain to hide in is one thing, but without missile fire, they still have to maneuver THROUGH the terrain. This means you take 1-3 turns getting out, by which time, they are dead or completely out of position. If it is behind the terrain, then you spend a turn or two just moving and one bad roll of animosity can get you move INTO the terrain wasting another turn.

I'd say since they are special, give them a rule that allows them to ignore terrain (ie move in an open position, or skirmish), or hide in the open (under grass blankets or such), or give them throwing knives. It is nice to give them additional attacks when flanking/rear attacking, but getting them into that position has been all but impossible in the games I have played so far.

ditto
Hashuts Scion

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Remember: you can still deploy them anywhere in your deployment zone after all deployment is done. This is really the way to think about them - an extra (sneaky!) infantry deployment that your opponent can't plan for.

If you get super lucky with terrain you might be able to pull off something even more exciting - but plan for a spot in your own zone for them and I think you'll find all sorts of perks to a unit that ignores normal deployment rules.
WickerNipple

Postby Aves » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Hmm Sneaky Sniks for special choice, suck, cant they be moved to core and limited that you cant have more gits units than regular hobgoblin units, kinda like longbeards in dwarf army, min Hobgoblin unit costs 80 pts, so having to spend 80 to be able to spend 60 for min of 10 sneaky gits is quite adrawback. I am proposing this mainly because Sneaky Gits were special in Revening Hordes cos there werent enough units there, (just 2 rare options) with introduction of Demoneaters, Obsidian Guard, Bull centaurs as special, and 3 new Rare choices why to keep unit of hobgoblins and mangle rules for them to make up the fact that they are special?
Aves

Postby Guy In Suit » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:39 pm

At 6 points a peice they seem a decent value, as long as you can keep them in the generals radius. And if you ever pull off a rear-charge, all those poison attacks would be classic!

A great fun unit that doesn't require a large points investment and presents great modelling opportunity. A++
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Previous

Return to Special