Hong Kong GT: Iyanden Blog

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Hong Kong GT: Iyanden Blog

Postby -Jarrett » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Quite nice Justin. The top three work particularly well (I'm just not a fan of pink - too muted IMO).

I know now's not the time for you to go back, but if you ever revamp some details I would consider painting the barrels much darker. It's an opportunity for stark contrast
-Jarrett

Postby slann » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:29 am

looking awsome so far, and I do like the pink one its cool .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby -the black prince » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 am

thanks guys: the colours are less pastel than neon, i think.

I'm going to add grass which'll help darken the bases a little, but actually the figures are as much dark as they are light - I just photographed the lighter side.

Next one finished. Pictures will folllow. Want to finish the last two harlies today, and hopefully the dark reapers wont take me too long. The only guidance in the codex is that they're the colour of midnight. Most people have made that black with grey highlights, which seems a little dull, so i've given them all a black/violet ink wash, and will try and add some purple into thier highlights.

Hopefully they won't take me too long to bang out.
-the black prince

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:11 am

Here's an idea for the reapers: Paint some starfields on the black. Dots here and there, with a few four pointed stars (the smaller the better), and maybe an odd comet. No idea if it'll work, but might be worth consideration
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mannahnin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Black with a purplish tone works for me. GW used to have an awesome color called Deadly Nightshade, which was a super-dark purple, and that's what I used for my old ones
mannahnin

Postby -the black prince » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:54 pm

thanks for the tips guys. Finished the last of the harlies today, which means I can start cracking along with the others.

The banshees also arrived, which means I have all the figures I need. They were helpfully undercoated white so I've given them all a flesh/black wash and left them till the morning.

Still to go: 4 dark reapers/5 banshees/far + spiritseer and autark on bike. :)
-the black prince

Postby -the black prince » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:36 pm

...pretty good. :)

all my ebay stuff arrived in time and I took the week off writing - and have one day left and only the jet bike autarch to do. Feeling pretty good with the figures so far. will try and post some pics tomorrow - when i've finished the autarch.

then i just need to static grass all the bases and I'm patting myself on the back. :D :D
-the black prince

Postby elrodogg » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Nice! Looking foward to seeing the whole thing put together.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -Jarrett » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Be sure and take some army shots as well
-Jarrett

Postby -the black prince » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:31 pm

5-27pm and just finished painting. Was up before dawn to paint the jetbike - 'oh i'll just do it black and save time' i tell my wife at midnight last night, but no - I had to go and colour it in.

Sorry no army pics, as i have to print out army lists, fluff, etc - as well as pack for a week's trip to bali. Tough life huh!?

Pics of stuff I haven't shown before.

-the black prince

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting