Magic Items Comments Here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Magic Items Comments Here

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Bleyden wrote:Arcane
Chalice of fire is an old item from RH and so it is needed. It is worded badly however as CD dont use PD now. Just say it removes D3 DD from the opponent for 1 use.

Actually, the CD do have power dice, though all we will ever use them for is to dispel any RIP spells. No, there's not much downside to using it with the Lore of Hatshut, but I think the wording can stay as is, and thus usable in either the CD or opponent magic phase. Not that you're likely to get much use in the enemy magic phase...
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby method » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm

i think the list needs a couple of low cost value weapons, daemonsmiths the ability to us arcane items, and the movement banner changed to a bond item.

ther has got to be a way to use chaos dwarf heroes, (better/cheaper items to combo up) other than the bsb.. all advantages lay with the daemonsmiths thus far...
method

Postby subversive » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:41 pm

HEll ARMOUR 50 pts
Forged in the Hell Pits of Gorgoth and enchanted by Sorcerers of Hashut, the armour illuminates with an aura of fire as blows are turned aside.
Chaos Armour. When the wearer of the armour is wounded by a magical attack or flaming attack he gains a 3+ ward save.

Question: does this mean that a model in this armor must TAKE a wound from a magical attack, and after that, they have a 3+ ward save against anything? Or does it mean that he gains a 3+ ward save vs. magical attacks?
subversive

Postby subversive » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 pm

CROOKED DICE 15 pts
hobgoblins only.
Hobgoblins enjoy playing games of chance, often delighting in inventing new ways of cheating, rather than actually playing the games. Seldom they come across dice of extraordinary good luck, while other times rather, lethal, bad luck...
The bearer of the item gets D3 rerolls that may be used on any dice roll that effects the bearer (i.e. armour saves, failed rolls to hit, etc). These rerolls are determined after deployment, but before the game begins.
If a
subversive

Postby mattbird » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm

the latter, by my reading of it.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm

subversive wrote:
HEll ARMOUR 50 pts
Forged in the Hell Pits of Gorgoth and enchanted by Sorcerers of Hashut, the armour illuminates with an aura of fire as blows are turned aside.
Chaos Armour. When the wearer of the armour is wounded by a magical attack or flaming attack he gains a 3+ ward save.

Question: does this mean that a model in this armor must TAKE a wound from a magical attack, and after that, they have a 3+ ward save against anything? Or does it mean that he gains a 3+ ward save vs. magical attacks?

Well, a wound must be taken before any sort of ward save is rolled, generally. Since it doesn't say "suffers an unsaved wound", then the model should gain a 3+ ward save in all cases in which it is wounded by a magical or flaming attack.
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby Matt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 pm

DarkbloodSkullpulper wrote: subversive wrote:

HEll ARMOUR 50 pts

Well, a wound must be taken before any sort of ward save is rolled, generally. Since it doesn't say "suffers an unsaved wound", then the model should gain a 3+ ward save in all cases in which it is wounded by a magical or flaming attack.

This should be more clear. You could read this as...
Turn one, opponent cast wall of fire on the unit with this character in it. The character is wounded and gains a 3+ ward save.
With no mention of "losing" the ward save, I go on to play the rest of the game with a 3+ ward save.

It would be better phrased as 3+ ward save against magical and flaming attacks; unless the intent is to grant a ward save against all attacks, once wounded by magic and flame.

Either way, make it more clear.

-Matt
Matt

Postby Aves » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Chalice of Fire 50 pts
The most potent Priests of Hashut consume raw, hot magma
from massive bronze chalices, fueling their bodies with
infernal energy.
The Chaos Dwarf player may choose to roll a D3 at the
start of any player
Last edited by Aves on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aves

Postby Larro » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 pm

The Hailfire Gun is not OTT at all. I'd be happy if you took it and wasted 25 pts. of your magic items on it in most cases. And there's no BS5 character in V4.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Aves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 am

And there's no BS5 character in V4.

But there is a skink hero who can take a 35pts. bow which costs more and and if far less usefull.

For 25 points this gun can easily take 2 infantry models or 1 calvary per turn, in 6 turns game it always pays back.
Aves

Previous

Return to Characters