V4 Hobgoblin Characters comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

V4 Hobgoblin Characters comments here

Postby Aves » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 am

Se voila.
Aves

Re: V4 Hobgoblin Characters comments here

Postby Aves » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 am

Giant Wolf that can be bought for all hobgobbos, doesnt have "Fast Calvary" special rule.
Aves

Postby mikkjel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Mounted characters in fast cav units are fast cav, mounted characters on their own or in other types of units arent. I think only the steed of slaanesh spesifically makes you fast cav.
mikkjel

Postby Matt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:35 pm

mikkjel wrote:Mounted characters in fast cav units are fast cav, mounted characters on their own or in other types of units arent. I think only the steed of slaanesh spesifically makes you fast cav.

IIRC, the Dark elf horse does as well. Mounted characters in fast cav units MOVE like fast cav, but they are not fast cav (normal arc of fire, cannot march and shoot).

-Matt
Matt

Postby Renufus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 am

The Hobgoblin Hordes rule definitely needs some fixing. I find it puzzling that regular CD core choices are rare but for some reason Obs Guard, Death Rockets, Daemoneaters and Bull Centaurs are all still special, and you can include Bull Centaur heroes in a Hobgoblin Horde no problem if you have a Chieftain with Daemon Eyes leading the army, but regular CD heroes are out of the question.
Renufus

Postby mikkjel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:15 am

@Matt: I dont see it as a big problem that they dont get the firing rules. Neither the bow nor the hailfire gun are worthwhile investments on a bs3 character.
mikkjel

Postby KevinC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:46 pm

The Hobgoblin Hordes rule definitely needs some fixing.

----------The rule works perfectly. What I want is, if a player takes a Hobgoblin character as his general, that player can make a Hobgoblin army. The rule allows this.

I'm not concerned with putting additional restrictions on the Hobgob army, there is no reason to.

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Renufus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 pm

KevinC wrote:
The Hobgoblin Hordes rule definitely needs some fixing.

----------The rule works perfectly. What I want is, if a player takes a Hobgoblin character as his general, that player can make a Hobgoblin army. The rule allows this.

I'm not concerned with putting additional restrictions on the Hobgob army, there is no reason to.

Kevin out

I agree that the rule itself isn't inherently broken, it just creates some weird situations where for some reason the normal Chaos Dwarfs are less common than the elite versions, which goes against all common sense. If you want to keep the rule the same it might help to give some justification for why Obsidian Guard and Bull Centaurs are more likely to be a part of a Hobgoblin Horde than regular Chaos Dwarfs.
Renufus

Postby Aves » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Anyway, would u allow for giant wolves to benefit hobgoblin characters with fast calvary rule?
Aves

Postby Renufus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Aves wrote:Anyway, would u allow for giant wolves to benefit hobgoblin characters with fast calvary rule?

Why should they?
Renufus

Next

Return to Characters