V4 Daemonic Engines feedback HERE!

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: V4 Daemonic Engines feedback HERE!

Postby elrodogg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:11 pm

I like it too. No double jeapardy is the move.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Renufus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:14 pm

I like the new idea, but why hike up the cost up again? Wasn't the cost already increased across the board since V3? These machines aren't *that* good.
Renufus

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 pm

maybe you guys are right on cost. Let's say keep 'em as is. Need Kevin to chime in, however.

Kevin??
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Excellent suggestion, Matt. The double jeopardy was very likely a fatal flaw in the concept.

Am I correct in thinking that by removing the rampage, you also take away the ability to charge? (That was an advantage, but I think not a huge one. The are some cases where a daemonic engine charge could reliably stall an enemy advance, take out chariots, or tie up a cav unit.)

I would expect the pricing to reflect v3 ranges, with an add for being a fear causer and for having some extra attacks from the machine.
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm

they would still be able to charge, as they are Monsters and Handlers, not war machines.
mattbird

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm

At least now I'll have a witty comeback when someone complains my hydra moves through woods. :)
WickerNipple

Postby method » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:21 pm

yup, keep the misfire, AND keep the points
method

Postby Aves » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 pm

I have some serious issued with all warmashines after playtest fight with Lizardmen. One of best in town players was my opponents and he had some good suggestions.

No1 Engine has M6 dwarfs M3, mashine still can only move up to 6" as well as charge, o M6 is totaly wasted.

Currently best flying unit to take down warmachines aka cannons bolt throwers are Terradons, with this stats they have no chance to win against Death Rocket.
Even Pegasus knights could have some troubles.

Eruption gun, great thing to have but on the average it scores 1 hit per shooting phase, -1 move, -1 long range etc, so hitting on 6' aint good enough, maby they would be more balanced with slightly shorter range but no modifiers for it, then 18" and hitting on 5+ after move and 5+ on charging enemy would be viable.
Aves

Postby mattbird » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Aves wrote:No1 Engine has M6 dwarfs M3, mashine still can only move up to 6" as well as charge, o M6 is totaly wasted.

as with the Hellcannon (and other mixed movement skirmish units) the machine can still charge 12", while the crew rank up behind it.

Aves wrote:Currently best flying unit to take down warmachines aka cannons bolt throwers are Terradons, with this stats they have no chance to win against Death Rocket.
Even Pegasus knights could have some troubles.

yes, it's harder to take down in close combat. that's OK. It's far easier to kill through shooting/ magic.

Aves wrote: Eruption gun, great thing to have but on the average it scores 1 hit per shooting phase, -1 move, -1 long range etc, so hitting on 6' aint good enough, maby they would be more balanced with slightly shorter range but no modifiers for it, then 18" and hitting on 5+ after move and 5+ on charging enemy would be viable.

note that it cannot move an fire, as it fire like a war machine. We will clarify wording. The shooting part of this unit has not changed since V1, though. I think testing has proven it out. I always took 2, and they were usually worth it.
mattbird

Postby Aves » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 am

as with the Hellcannon (and other mixed movement skirmish units) the machine can still charge 12", while the crew rank up behind it.

Not quite, unit can move with speed of its slowest member. So as long as 1 crew is alive i can only charge 6".

no2, they have ward save...

ok, wasnt shure about move or fire.

cheers
Aves

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion