V4 CD vs. Vampire Counts

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: V4 CD vs. Vampire Counts

Postby mattbird » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm

of course I agree it is sub-optimal. so what? When we read these playtest game reports, we take all that into account.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby KevinC » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:43 pm

This is one of the worst ideas going on in this book to begin with. It hasn't changed since V1, and it's ludicrous. The list's ONLY access to Arcane Items is the High Priest, and that's totally lame. Let the CD's make a proper magic phase and give their Wizard-equivalents (in this case, Demonsmiths) access to Arcane Items. Otherwise, give us Level 2 Wizards and Demonsmiths as a separate entity, a la Empire Warrior Priests and Battle Wizards.

And as for that VC List, I mean seriously, the guy took ONE magic item on his Lord. One! And he only took 2 characters to begin with! I get the whole "not tournament hard" bit, but even you have to admit that list is incredibly sub-optimal Birdoff.

----------If you looking for a lot of magic, Dwarfs and Dwarfs of Chaos are not the armies for you.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 pm

I disagree with Larry... except maybe daemonsmiths should have access to Arcane items, simply because if not, I worry the High Priest will become the default Lord choice.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Aves » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:40 pm

I agree with Kevin, CD aint for ya Larro :D.

I only mentioned power level of VC armylist to doubt the weight of game's result, aka masacre. Besides that its perfectly viable game, but on general terms, very few CD games against VC, DoCh, DE will result in victory. They seem to be on par with Lizardmen, WoC, Skaven
Aves

Postby Larro » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm

The fundamental problem with this entire project is that the person running it, and apparently a select few indept cronies like Aves, think "competitive" and "broken" are the same thing.

And please, don't even put CHAOS DWARFS in the same breath as Lizardmen and Skaven. You make yourself look completely lost on anything Warhammer.

As Weakland said, IF you don't allow Arcane Items somewhere else in the Hero slot (i.e. on Demonsmiths), your default WILL become the High Priest. If you want cookie cutter lists, you got it.

Honestly, it's a very simple fix, and you're just being stubborn about this for no good reason other than to be difficult. There's not one game balance problem with letting the Demonsmiths get Arcane Items.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Garrett » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I have to agree on the arcane items issue.
Garrett

Postby KevinC » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:19 am

There are 3 arcane items, so you're telling me that one or all of these items are no-brainer choices and that they are so good that people will always chose the High Priest because they need this item(s)?

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby elrodogg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 am

KevinC wrote:There are 3 arcane items, so you're telling me that one or all of these items are no-brainer choices and that they are so good that people will always chose the High Priest because they need this item(s)?

No, the high priest is a no-brainer because the tournament setting meta-game requires that to truly be competitive you need to have a strong magic phase. If you're going to be playing 4 of 5 opponents in a tournament, all of whom are packing some serious magic, then of course you're going to invest in a magic using lord. Keep the list as is, some of us already think it's a more powerful list than it should have ended up being.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:17 am

Ronen, I disagree. Scroll caddy FTW!

and with that, I get the last word, and playtesting is officially closed!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 am

mattbird wrote:and with that, I get the last word, and playtesting is officially closed!

Nope, I do.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Previous

Return to Battle Reports