IT

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: IT

Postby mattbird » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:39 am

Not that I am ready at all to do another one of these...

but I think the only book we'd be able to do that would be accepted as this one seems to be on the road to be, would be DoW.

I think what you can do, is include the seeds of the other desired armies; Nippon, Cathay, Fishmen, etc... under the overall umbrella of Dogs of War.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby mikkjel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:23 am

DoW already has such a huge gallery of units and such that I think it would be rather hard to introduce new stuff as well. References to "trained in nippon" or "claims to have talked to fishmen" seems good.

The biggest reason to do DoW is because people have the armies and can playtest, just like with chaos dwarves. Fishmen would seem more like a gimmick, and I doubt people would test it as much or let the list become official.
mikkjel

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 am

Personally, the one project I'd really like to see done is a new Ravening Hordes.

This game needs another reset in a big, big way and I can't imagine GW has the balls to actually do it.
WickerNipple

Postby KevinC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 am

Well, the way I see Dogs of War is that is should not be just an army book, but instead an entire expansion!

The book should include a standard Mercenary army list and Regiments of Renown, but also rules for ally contingents. These contingents would focus on the more exotic armies like Nippon and Fimir (similiar to Kislev allied contingents, which would be updated as well) and rules for allied contingents for the exsisting armies. For example a Goblin army could include Skaven allies, etc.

Obviously for GT puposes just the army list and ROR would be used in tournaments. But I'm more interested in doing more with it than just a GT list, like I said an Expansion!

Anyway, just my thoughts...

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby mattbird » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

There's only one other list that needs a full book. Gnoblars. And really, only one person has the authority to do it.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Border Reiver » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Allied rules need a little tweeking only from those listed in the Kislev supplement to allow them to work with every army in the game.

The idea of allied contingents isn't new - my 3rd ed copy of Ravening Hordes has a section on allied contingents, and the modified lists that you were allowed to bring to the party. Given the number of armies that a lot of people have in their closets it would allow people to play a much more diverse army than we have since 5th ed.

That is definitely a supplement I could work on.
Border Reiver

Postby KevinC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:45 pm

The idea of allied contingents isn't new - my 3rd ed copy of Ravening Hordes has a section on allied contingents, and the modified lists that you were allowed to bring to the party. Given the number of armies that a lot of people have in their closets it would allow people to play a much more diverse army than we have since 5th ed.

--------right this is what I mean.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby mikkjel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:26 pm

I guess I see allies and DoW as two different projects. Much of it because having a DoW book is likely to be used in an official setting, while allies only in friendly games, and still, youd have to ask permission first.
mikkjel

Postby Hashuts Scion » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 pm

The idea of the Dogs of War being the starting point of an expansion is perfectly logical. Back in 1988, there was a Book called "Warhammer Armies." Besides having the army lists for all the mjaor armies, it also dealt with
1) Mercenary & Allies (general rules)
2) Ally Contingents
3) Mercenaries of the majar armies

The major difference was whether an army could field an ally, and whether mercenaries would remain loyal for the entire game or leave the field. I can see the Dogs of War army being both a standard army but also a starting point for including allies (i.e. Kislev) or mercenaries (i.e. Regiments of Renown).

But, the starting point would be an army book of just the Dogs of War as this would also be an update to bring them into the new edition. And I am all up for that as well as the expansion, but the base army should come first.

Bob
Hashuts Scion

Postby Ring87 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:08 pm

DoW. I have always wanted to do an Army where I can make up my own fluff and style. DoW need a new book and fall in the same neglect category as Dwarves of Chaos. People have all these cool models and armies without an updated list and none planned.
Ring87

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion