John Blanche Femme Militant 40mm figures

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: John Blanche Femme Militant 40mm figures

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 25, 2007 8:54 am

Practical if you wanna fuck one up the ass .. sure. ;)

I could have fun with them ... I was just sayi
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 25, 2007 9:01 am

Now some of those Dark age minis are very nice' (and not all chicks in high heel fuck me pumps/pose
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Jeramakus » Fri May 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Leah, you need to learn how to edit your posts or, perhaps, are you trying to approach Nidalesque post count? :b

The John Blanche minis are all inspired by his srtwork for the game, peppered liberally throughout some of the earlier GW books released, specifically the The Inquisitor Sketchbook. Some nice, funky stuff...
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Quote:
Leah, you need to learn how to edit your posts or, perhaps, are you trying to approach Nidalesque post count?

The John Blanche minis are all inspired by his srtwork for the game, peppered liberally throughout some of the earlier GW books released, specifically the The Inquisitor Sketchbook. Some nice, funky stuff...

What do you mean?? Edit for what?

And I already said I understand what is being achieved here the whole Femme Fatale thing is old as the hills. I am just tired of the female "warriors" in high heels and stupid poses like they just fucked their sword.

Quote:
srtwork
Now learn to edit yours perfection in spelling boy
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 pm

Quote:
Those are very cool indeed. And, I understand the "feel" that they are going for here but once ... just once I'd like to see chicks look a little more practically dressed and posed.

What was wrong with this statement?? Are you having your menses again Joe
Amazonwarlord

Postby Jeramakus » Sat May 26, 2007 1:34 am

There was nothing at all wrong with your statement, Leah. No one's contesting its validity or your intent. However, had they made more demure minis they wouldn't look like John Blanche art. Period. These are near-perfect representations of images he's created, again, that are peppered liberally throughout various older 40k publications.

Also, as an aside, these minis are being sold BY John Blanche on HIS website and are only being serviced via the Black Library's shopping cart due to the fact, I assume, that Mr. Blanche is the current art director for GW. That said, you'll notice that they're no way advertised alongside anything remotely related to the mainstream product line. My guess would be those poses you pointed out...

As for your reaction, well, I've sent you a pleasant email...
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sat May 26, 2007 9:35 am

We misunderstand each other again I think Joe .... :(

Sent you a pleasent e-mail back .....

:D
Amazonwarlord

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting